I think all kids go through what I call the pack rat stage. Take a bag, box, purse, backpack, tub, doesn't matter- and fill it with stuff-again it doesn't matter what stuff. My kids started doing this a couple of months ago. Thankfully it didn't last too long, because boy it it a pain to clean up and get things back in the right places. Instead it morphed. Now it is take one type of toy (cars, blocks, play food, shape blocks, checkers, etc.) and put them in a basket. Then transfer to a pot, then a tub, then a bag, then a different tub. Then add a different type of toy to the mix. Then use some tongs to add them to a new spot. Before long A huge tub is filled with all of the before mentioned toys. It is quite the feat to watch. There is definately a method behind the madness of a huge mess with all toys with little parts involved. It can keep Tanner busy for an hour. Kayla isn't quite as involved but does help as well.
Right now they are taking the shape blocks from the bucket they belong in and Kayla is scooping them with a back hoe and putting them in the back of Tanner's dump truck, Then he is taking them and dumping them in a basket. I am sure it will only continue from there.
I know I need to add pictures as well, seems like a while since I have done that. I am trying to record more stories of what they are doing in their lives so I hope you enjoy the stories as much as the pictures(when I do post them).
2 comments:
Love the stories!
My kids have all done this. Seeing as how I've got all girls, it generally has involved a purse of some sort. It's truly amazing how much stuff they can shove into a little purse!
Post a Comment