Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Birthday Party

We had a party on Saturday. Friends joined us for a BBQ. We had a great time except for Tanner. He had been sick all week and I hoped he would be better by Sat. but to no avail, he still didn't feel well. He took a nap during the party and wasn't to happy the rest. Kayla loved all the attention she got.


We had an animal theme. Here are the cakes I made. The colored shapes are plastic animals with "dirt" on the chocolate cake and "grass" on the white cake. They turned out pretty well. We got them both crowns to wear. Kayla's said Birthday Princess. Kayla wore hers almost the whole party. Poor Tanner wanted nothing to do with his. Oh, well, when I am sick I am not happy either.


This has been one of both of their favorite toys. A cookie jar that sings and you put shapes in the holes, thanks Norene.
Time to eat cake. Kayla enjoyed it but something in the frosting made her skin break out. I think it is the first time she had store bought icing so something in there. She had cake with homemade icing on Tuesday and didn't break out so that is my only thought. Hopefully we can figure it out so it doesn't happen again.
Thanks to everyone who came to the party. We all had fun.

2 comments:

Chris and Joy said...

You did such a good job both for their birthday and posting the different pictures. I can't believe your babies are one! It's great to see them grow up in the chair. Such little cuties! Congrats on surviving your first year.

The Miles Files said...

Happy Birthday! Was that a fast year? Seems like it to me, but I wasn't trying to keep up with twins. What a wonderful blessing for you guys! I would love to get together when you are up. Give me a call. I will also keep my eyes peeled for some good, easy ideas.