Sunday, May 25, 2008

Walking, stairs, fish, and feet (a little bit of everything)

Well, Kayla did it. She took 2 steps today. She has been standing without holding on if she doesn't realize it. If I try to stand her up she bends her knees and throws her head back. But if she is playing and holds a toy or lets go she will stand for 5-10 seconds. It is all in her head. Today she was holding Kyle's foot as he was laying on the couch. She went to grab onto a standing toy and it was farther than she thought and took 2 steps to get to it and fell against it and stood back up. We were both watching her and amazed. We tried to get her to do it again, but she wouldn't even try. So even though she did walk I still think more will be a while yet.

Last week she climbed all the way up the stairs. A couple of days before she had made it to the first landing. But then I went up stair and left her crying in the living room. I was getting Tanner and she crawled all the way up after me.

She also started making fish faces today. I even managed to capture one on film. It is funny and she makes sucking noises when she does it.
Tanner looked so cute in his church clothes today. I wanted to take picture before church but it didn't happen, so here is after his nap. He fits into a new white shirt. Kyle laughed at me when I put it on and asked if he was ready to pass the sacrament. I think boys are never too young to go to church appropriately dressed. Girls wear dresses from the beginning. Why should boys go in jean or shorts.
Tanner thinks the world is funny. He laughs at Kayla all the time. He will laugh at toys he is playing with. He will even laugh at nothing. I am sure it is not nothing to him but I don't see anything. Other kids are great at getting him to laugh. Baby laughs are so fun.
Some bad news. Tanner is having some foot problems. His right foot turns out 90 degrees and his ankle is not straight when he stands on it. We don't know what is going on yet, but we are taking him in for x-rays this week and then will meet back with the doctor to see what is going on. We will keep you updated.

2 comments:

Jenn Shields said...

Melissa - your twins are soo cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. And blogging is so fun, I love coming across people I know. :)

Lauren in GA said...

I love the fish faces!

I hope little Tanner's foot is okay :)