I think to keep up with Kayla I would have to give a daily or sometimes hourly update. So Kayla started with the army crawl at 6 1/2 months. In a week or so it was the full crawl. Then she started following me around and crawling into the office.

So far she isn't getting into too much. Only once has she done something. She crawled into the laundry room where they dogs eat and dumped the water dish on herself. She alway crawling all over Tanner so he sits up most of the time to be safe.
A week ago she started holding onto my leg and getting up on her knees. The next day she got on to her feet with me steadying her. The next day she got onto her feet using a toy. This morning she pulled herself up beside the couch and stood there. She did this a dozen more times this evening. Now she is even walking along the couch to get to something. I can't believe she is cruizing already.

They do like to sit and play with toys together. When ever one gets a toy and starts playing with it, the other one gets interested in it and will take it. The toys gets passed back and forth several times before a new toy is found and it starts all over.
I don't know if you can see, but in the midst of all this, Kayla got really fuss for 3 days. I first thought it was teething, but it wasn't getting better and on Monday she woke up from her nap with a rash (don't know if you can see in the picture). I took her to the doctor(she is 18lb) and they said it was a virus, let it fun its course and by Friday she should be better. They said Tanner would probably get it as they share everything, but he escaped so far. Well by Friday the rash was gone but Friday and Saturday she was so terrible. If I wasn't holding her she was screaming, not crying but screaming bloody murder. If I held her she still fussed. I was about to go crazy. Luckily today she is much better. Of course she thinks she should be held after about 10 days of being held alot because she didn't feel well. So hopefully this week will be better than last week.
Watch out, before you know it Kayla will be walking. We have always joked that Kayla will be walking before Tanner is even crawling. It might happen.
Not to leave Tanner out of things. He is doing well. He can sit up for hours on end and is great at entertaining himself. He loves his jumperoo and will jump and laugh and laugh. He loves to eat real food mashed in a jar or anything you are eating. If you eat something and don't offer him a bite, he is offended. He eat 6-8 oz. of baby food twice a day. I don't dare feed him another meal as I am afraid he will try to wean himself. He already doesn't do great nursing except first thing in the morning. I think he as decided real food is better. He loves all flavors of yogurt, oatmeal, and any fruit I have given him. He is a little pickier with the veggies but he loves sweet potatoes. I keep telling everyone that Tanner is more normal in not crawling yet, but he gets all the attention stolen by his big sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment