Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Adoption

I just had the greatest discussion with my kids about adoption. We read a story each night from "The Friend" a magazine put out by our church for children. It was about a little boy who was going to have a little sister adopted, but it didn't work out. He didn't want to be alone but realized that the Holy Ghost would always be with him so even if he didn't have a sister, we wouldn't be alone. Just reading this story to my kids made it really hard for me to get though without crying. Having thought I would have to adopt at one point, sure made the story hit home.

So we had to talk about adoption and what it means. It is great that we have several examples. Kyle is adopted as well as 2 of his siblings. Their good friend's mother is adopted. There is also a little girl from church that they are friends with how was adopted. We talk about how some moms can't have babies and how other moms can't take care of their babies so they give them to new moms. It was a great discussion. We also talked about how some moms can't have babies without doctors help so we went to a great doctor, Dr. Shapiro who helped me have them and then again for Ainsley and Lydia. I am so grateful for adoption as it has touched many lives of people I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a precious story!