I hope you will bear with me as I make this post. Please read it carefully and know it is coming from my heart. Most of you know that I was diagnosed with endometriosis and later had surgery to remove my L tube and ovary. We were then on a terrifying, heartbreaking rollercoaster knowing we couldn't get pregnant the "natural" way. It took us 3 rounds of IVF. For those of you who have never known someone who has gone through this. It is like going to Hell and back. Starting with 3 shots a day and working up to 18 pill, suppositories, patches, and more shots. You are talking doctor visits and blood draws 3 times a week. Plus all the hormones are not so nice to your emotions and body. We did have a miracle on round 3 and ended up pregnant with twins. I still think of them as my "million dollar miracles". I love them so much and appreciate all of the little things that I almost didn't have.
Being diagnosed with infertility is a crazy battle. I don't say battle lightly as that is what it is on a daily basis. It is a disease that will affect me for the rest of my life and even when or if I feel like my family is complete, it is still a dissease that will cause me heartache and pain. While I have known my family is not complete for a while, it took some time to get to the point where we would be able to go back to our much loved RE(reproductive endocrinolgist). While I so greatful for Kayla and Tanner in my life, I still have a big hole in my heart knowing my family isn't finished and not knowing how to get there. Having children doesn't make it any easier.
Infertiltiy affect so many people. As I have traveled down this crazy road, I have met, found, and learned about so many wonderful women who are in a similar boat as I am. I am sure you know people as well.
So we are on the path again trying to get pregnant. I know it will be a long road. I just pray that it won't be as long a road as the last time. We have been seeing the RE for 1 month now. I began my latest IVF round on April 15 and took 13 days worth of 3 shots a day. Nothing goes easy or as planned in our road and it continues to happen that way. I finally had developed my follicles large enough and will do my egg retrieval tomorrow. The odds aren't great as I only have 1 ovary. Only 70% of follicles end of having eggs collected from them. Only 70% of those eggs fertilize and then 20% - 25% make it to blastocytes. The stage of implantation. As I am only starting with 12 follicles, we will need the prayers and blessings for another miracle to make its way into our life.
Please stay with us on our journey down the infertility road.
3 comments:
We'll keep your family in our prayers. Sometimes hearing about this particular struggle makes me feel guilty, as it is one I have obviously not struggled with. I hope for the best for you and your eggs!
Thanks for sharing your struggles with others, we will be praying for you and your family while on your journey!
Good luck. I'll be praying for you. I can't even begin to imagine what a horrible experience this must be for you and I greatly admire you perserverence and ability to deal with it. I know I couldn't.
Post a Comment