Here are a few of the things that have been happening in Vegas. I have been doing Bountiful Baskets the past couple of weeks. This is a great volunteer organizaiton that helps people buy restaurant quality fruits and veggies at cheap prices. We have been loving it. My kids are loving all the great produce we get. last week we got 6 artichokes. Which I love. So the kids wanted to try them. Well we had the last 2 for dinner tonight and I don't think I even at 1/2 of 1. I had to offer it as a bribe if they would eat their lasagna and other food. It made me laugh. But I am glad my kids like to try different things. Tanner loved the asaparagus we got. I also got flats of strawberries for $8. They were great and are now gone except those frozen and made into jam. Here are the kids eating the artichoke.
Mickey mouse is one of the kids favorite shows. They often use binoculars to see things far away so my kids are always pretending to use them.So I saved some paper rolls and made them their own pair. They enjoyed playing with them today. We went for a walk today and they were spotting everything and then putting up their 'noculars to get a better look. It was so cute. I have gotten out and gone on long walks the last two days and it has really made me feel better. They kids have been fabulous and this was a great way to keep them busy while in the stroller.
Last week we were making no bake cookies. I was stirring the chocolate mix and had set out the oatmeal adn measuring cup for when it was done. Tanner got down from the counter in the middle of the cooking and I didn't think much of it. I finish the cooking and look back in time to see him dump the last of the oats into the measuring cup and then into the bowl. It was a new box of oatmeal and he had carefully measured the whole thing out and then dumped each one into the bowl. As you can see he was so proud of him self. I coudln't even yell as him but had to tell him we didn't need the whole can. We dumped it back and started measuring again.
I am loving two year olds. I know people say watch out for the terrible two but they have missed our house. I am constantly amazed at my wonderful kids. They are so kind to me and each other. They are really loving and constantly go out of their way to help each other and mom or dad. They are such a blessing in my life. They are so funny in what they do and say. They keep me entertained. Tanner is always ready to snuggle with me and will come up and ask for 'nuggle time. Kayla is the first to jump up and help when asked. She will race to get what you need and bring it back with a smile. While the last month has been a little rough on me they help keep me centered and remember what the focus of my life is. I love them so much.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big your kids are. They are so cute. Kayla's hair is so long.
Post a Comment