Thursday, September 16, 2010

Virginia Day 4

We took a trip to Pandapas Pond with the kids. They had tons of fun. It isn't a very long hike around the pond and can be done in 30 min or so, but we had so much fun looking at everything and doing things that it took us almost 2 hours. Here are a few highlights.


We wore water shoes so they could play in the water. Tanner loved to splash.
Kayla picking a water lily.

Walking on the log.
A few of  dogwood trees have started to turn fall colors. I am sorry to miss them.
Running down the path.

Resting on a bed of moss.
Eating wild elderberries. Tanner liked them but Kayla thought they were too sour.
This is the tree where you always ahve to take a picture. Quite the shape.


Can you see the turtle in the middle of teh water lillies?

After I took a nap and Grandma took the kids in the little pool and when I woke up they were jumping on the trampoline. They have spent a lot of time on there.

4 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

Looks like a blast! I remember jumping on that tramp! I bet it's good to be home!

Lauren in GA said...

I am missing Virgina a LOT as I read these posts.

Your kids are so cute. Steph said she had the greatest time with you the other day and that the kids got a long fabulously. So fun. ☺

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to see the pictures. I miss the kids when I see their pictures. Love, Mom

Meri said...

Wow! I want to play, Melissa! You look gorgeous! Someone forgot to tell you you're pregnant with your second set of twins and you're not supposed to look so healthy and happy. Your kids seem so sweet and happy too. I hope you feel as good as you look!